Category Manager Forging (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of the Category Manager Forging is to develop, plan and implement the procurement and logistics strategy for supply part of the portfolio of Category Precision Casting and Forging, with a focus on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability.
Reporting to the Global Category Manager Precision Casting and Forging, you will ensure execution in accordance with instructions and procedures from the company, the Procurement & Logistics function, and supply base management.
This position reports to
Global Category Manager Precision Casting and Forging
- Work out purchasing strategy with Product Groups and Global Category Manager & implementation of the same. Review supply risk and implement appropriate risk mitigation.
- Implementing effective sourcing strategies in line with the Continuous Improvement Process, Sourcing process and business strategy, ensuring that suppliers can meet current and future business requirements, as well as ensuring that all relevant parties grasp strategies and execute processes accordingly
- Responsible for supplier evaluation, qualification, development, price and frame agreement negotiations.
- Choosing appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with company policies.
- Define & constant improvement of value chain with focus to shorten lead time and optimize logistic processes, considering total cost.
- Represent Supply Management in product development projects.
- Responsible for relocation of parts until first article inspection passed and transfer to buyer organization. Initiate and handling of design modification request with design.
- Contributing to and participating in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework, and ensuring that sourcing performance targets are achieved
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering (industrial, mechanical or similar)
- Technical background and commercial understanding and thinking
- Experience in supply chain/procurement in an international environment
- Project Management experience in an international context, persistent in execution,
- Good negotiation skills
- A collaborative and solution-focused approach as well as strong communication skills
- Professional experience as Category Manager is an advantage
- Ambition to lead cross functional teams in an international environment
- Fluent in English and German
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Flexible work practices
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: