As Switzerland's leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with ideal framework conditions, support them through investments in technology, and create space for them to develop individually. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development. We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
Within our TX Technology department we are striving to continue the digital transformation of our TX Group.
In order to continue to drive the data strategy of the overall group, we are seeking for an enthusiastic visionary with a tireless passion for change as our next
The Chief Digital Officer is accountable for the development and delivery of a digital strategy for TX Group.
In this role you will be the engine for our digital transformation and drive the TX Group to a tech and data-driven future to fuel growth and achieve strategic and operational goals. This includes designing, developing and delivering "best in class" digital technology and data strategies. You will lead and mentor dedicated technical experts within our subgroups.
The Chief Digital Officer will report at Group level, to our Head Technology & Ventures and Member of the TX Group Management.
In terms of performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Business Strategy and Digital Transformation
- Develop and deliver a new digital business strategy
- Lead the end-to-end digitization of TX Group with a focus on becoming a data-driven, innovative tech-hub
- Enable integrated digital development across all brands, products, customer interfaces, data insight processes and operating models to support growth and profitability
- Analyze key market trends and customer insights to identify the drivers, pain points and buying behavior of established and emerging segments
- Analyze revenue and cost drivers and closely monitor financial, operational and customer KPIs to ensure initiatives are achieving their intended impact, and course correct as necessary
- Work closely with internal resources and external partners on digital go-to-market strategy including product design/functionality, content strategy, user experience, analytics, positioning, targeting, customer experience, and digital sales
Provide high quality digital services
- Drive Digital Services to offer very high quality technology services across the TX Group (Data Analytics, Core Engineering, and many more)
Influencing and Relationship Building
- Gain commitment, trust and support from others by involving them in the thinking and the process. Exhibit both diplomacy and toughness during negotiations
- Digest the needs of the new (proposed) business and lay out the costs of each possible approach
- Evaluate TX's existing solutions and digital capabilities, and determine where the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities are; evaluate M&-targets for feasibility and quality
- Lead and coach all CTO's within the TX Group
- Build a network of engineers and Tech Leaders
Expand the network
- Build and expand the network with other media, technology and online content companies and Universities
Grow technical leaders
- Gain insight on the engineers and assign "Technical Leads" on projects
- Create a corps of leaders who could step in to provide CTO-like services on demand
Find the 80/20 approach
- Get 80% of the benefit for 20% of the cost
The CDO will be a digital executive with experience leading transformation and growth within a content-driven company, and preferably within a media organization. The candidate will have a well- rounded technology background and bring deep knowledge of digital content distribution channels, audience engagement capabilities and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will be an inspiring and collaborative leader with a palpable passion for digital and a commitment to TX's mission and values.
- Transformational digital leadership with a track record of successfully implementing new capabilities
- Change leadership and strong advocacy for new direction and delivering the agreed strategy, inspiring the organization to drive change forward
- Management experience with an ability of building relationships and influencing at different levels and across functions in the organization
- A style that is consultative, collaborative, values integrity, accountability and excellence
- Proven technology leadership and real business acumen
- Flexible communication style, adaptable and responsible to audience concerns
- A Masters Degree in the tech field (IT, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Math)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and German
What we offer you:
- A diverse and very attractive portfolio with ambitious growth prospects
- Dynamic working environment with short and unbureaucratic decision-making processes
- Great creative freedom and a high degree of independence, supported by a strong team
- Diverse employee offers and attractive workplace in the heart of Zurich with excellent connections