Sales Specialist / Business Development Manager (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be accountable for defining and implementing the sales and marketing strategies for the High Power Rectifier (HPR) Product Line. You will ensure, that the division Process Industries increases sales, margins, market share and customer satisfaction. You will use your experience and drive to build enduring customer relationships through excellent service.
- Understanding the key business drivers of the relevant customer accounts and special HPR applications and preparing sales plans and bids as well as ensuring technical and financial accuracy
- Defining and proposing sales targets for the main customers and ensuring their achievement with a structured follow up process
- Researching and analyzing sales potential relating to OEM's, metal, mining, aluminum, graphite and chemical customers
- Monitoring industry trends, market activities and competitive environment to identify potential improvements as well as opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining close dialogue with customer base and key prospects for the purpose of recommending best-in-class solutions (including service)
- Developing and implementing product support and product training to ensure high customer satisfaction in the cooperation with Product Management and global Marketing and Sales
- Working closely with other product groups in the Local Division Switzerland (e.g. Grinding, Electrification, Digital) and promote the same together with HPR
- Minimum 3 years of experience in large-project sales, preferably with a focus on power-electronics based solutions
- Solid understanding of aluminum, steel, ferroalloy, electrochemical, graphitization and similar industries
- Knowledge of electrical, power-electronics and HV power equipment as well as indoor/outdoor substations and requirements related to green- and brownfield plants
- A proven ability to develop and manage customer relationships
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong written and spoken communication skills
- A Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Fluency in English, proficiency in German or other language skills (Russian, French, Spanish) are an asset
- Flexible work practices
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment, digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement and Food and Beverage.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner at ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: