As soon as possible
Our FS department is in providing multidisciplinary service to banks, insurance and asset management companies supervised by FINMA. The role will consist of participating to audit of annual financial statements as well as the assessment of the compliance with the provisions of supervisory laws.
As soon as possible
Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
- Run financial statement audits by applying KPMG's audit and accounting practices/methodologies
- Run regulatory audit at banks, as well as securities dealers, fund companies, asset manager and insurance supervised by FINMA, by applying KPMG's regulatory audit methodology
- Work on a range of audit assignments, coordinating and taking responsibility for planning, execution and completion
- Research and resolve technical queries
- Work on ad-hoc regulatory assignments and advisory projects
- Review and supervise work of junior auditors
- Communicate and present reports to management on issues identified during the audit
- Report directly to firm partners, directors and managers, working towards the achievement of individual and firm goals and targets
This is what makes you successful
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting and /or Financial Audit
- Qualified Chartered Accountant cursus will be offered
- At least 2 years' experience in Financial Services Audit department within a Big 4 or another major Audit company
- Knowledge of Bank accounting principles
- Knowledge of Swiss regulatory environment for the banking sector (FINMA circulars, AML, Basel III), as well as for the CISA industry
- IFRS and/or US GAAP knowledge a plus
- Fluent in English and French (oral and written is a must), German a plus
- Excellent communication and team work skills, strong attention to details
- Dedication to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism
- Proactive, stress-resilient, flexible and willing to travel
Clarity on KPMG Switzerland - Together for better.
Your advantages at KPMG
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
We have over 400 experts working in Switzerland in the Financial Services line of business. Our philosophy is to adopt an interdisciplinary approach across our different departments acting in this line of business.
Specifically, in Geneva, we have around 80 professionals, which are focusing on delivering services to financial institutions. We offer you an attractive business environment and working atmosphere, support your training and continuing education and foster your career and personal development.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.
058 249 26 57
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.
© 2021 KPMG AG is a subsidiary of KPMG Holding AG, which is a member of the KPMG network of independent firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss legal entity. All rights reserved.