Internship in Magnetics (E-Mobility)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The mission of our Swiss Technology Center for e-Mobility is to develop disruptive technologies for eV charging applications, taking such technologies from research to product development. By joining us, you will participate in the idea generation at the frontier of academic research and industrial applications. Do you want to contribute to a sustainable, green future supporting CO2 reduction? Come join our young and multinational team and let's power the e-Mobility revolution together!We are currently offering outstanding students the chance to join our multidisciplinary team of researchers in the field of power electronics and magnetics. In the frame of a six-month internship scheduled to start in September 2022, you will be able to put theory into practice by contributing to one of our projects for e-Mobility. A better world begins with you!
- Contribute to current research projects focusing on innovative magnetic components for power electronic applications
- Analyze magnetic devices from sub-components up to prototype level, particularly through hands-on experimental work
- Contribute to creative thinking around new magnetic device design
- Evaluate and document findings and present test results to the team
- Currently pursuing a degree in electrical/electronic engineering or a related discipline (completion of at least six semesters); official enrollment is essential
- Broad understanding of transformer and inductor design and analysis including electric, magnetic, and thermal aspects
- Proven hands-on laboratory skills for prototyping is an important plus
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated mindset and ability to work independently
- Highly conscientious individual with keen sense of responsibility
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken
- Flexible work practices
More about us